Advice Please!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pej263

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a problem and I need some advice. Im currently a junior and i'm planning on taking my DATs on May 19. I have already taken two full lengths and done pretty bad on both.

Kaplan:
Bio-16
Gen Chem-14
O Chem- 18
PAT- 20
RC-15
QR-19

Achiever 1
Bio-14
Gen Chem-17
O Chem- 13
PAT- 15
RC- 20

I'm finding it hard to study for my classes and study for my DAT. I was thinking about pushing my date back to July 1 since ill be done with classes on June 16, which will give me time to study. I was also wondering when the applications start to go out? and how long I have to wait to retake my DAT. Any advice will be helpful. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I have a problem and I need some advice. Im currently a junior and i'm planning on taking my DATs on May 19. I have already taken two full lengths and done pretty bad on both.

Kaplan:
Bio-16
Gen Chem-14
O Chem- 18
PAT- 20
RC-15
QR-19

Achiever 1
Bio-14
Gen Chem-17
O Chem- 13
PAT- 15
RC- 20

I'm finding it hard to study for my classes and study for my DAT. I was thinking about pushing my date back to July 1 since ill be done with classes on June 16, which will give me time to study. I was also wondering when the applications start to go out? and how long I have to wait to retake my DAT. Any advice will be helpful. Thanks

i think application starts may 15th....the reason people tell you to take the DAT early is probably if you stink at it the first time you have to wait 90 days to retake it and most schools dont even review your application until you have a full package.

You can't submit your application until May 15th, but AADSAS doesn't send the applications to the schools until the end of June for the first batch (it takes them a good 6 weeks for them to send out your application after you submit it to AADSAS) and most schools don't actually start to review applications until late july or August. I suggest pushing your DAT test date back until mid July to give yourself more time. Your scores show you need some extra time to brush up before the test and 2 weeks after school ends might not be quite enough. Submit your application as early as you can and then take your DAT when you are ready. You can submit your application without having completed the DAT and schools wont review your application until you have taken the DAT. Good luck.