advice please!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Alexxzis

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
****...i took my DAT and did horribly

AA 17
Bio 19
GChem 18
OChem 19
TS 18
RC 18
QR 13.....and I have gotten a 3.5 and above in every math course I've taken
PAT 15....i have no idea how to do top-front-end questions, and had to guess on the last 6 pattern folding questions

Do you guys think I need to retake it????? its the last thing I want to do! I have a 3.7 gpa...but Indiana University asked me to fax my scores and I did, and within 3 hours they told me I wasn't being considered!!!!! I think I am going to have a nervous breakdown........need advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

****...i took my DAT and did horribly

AA 17
Bio 19
GChem 18
OChem 19
TS 18
RC 18
QR 13.....and I have gotten a 3.5 and above in every math course I've taken
PAT 15....i have no idea how to do top-front-end questions, and had to guess on the last 6 pattern folding questions

Do you guys think I need to retake it????? its the last thing I want to do! I have a 3.7 gpa...but Indiana University asked me to fax my scores and I did, and within 3 hours they told me I wasn't being considered!!!!! I think I am going to have a nervous breakdown........need advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think ur sciences are ok... ur PAT and QR is what really destroyed u. sorry. I'm in the same boat my score isn't so great so i will take it late nov. it's late but better than having to wait next year! u said don't know how to do TFE? like at all???? that was a big mistake, u gotta know how to approach it...practice. i don't like it when people sugar coat so i will tell u how it is...take it over.

did u use kaplan, ahiever..outside sources and practice exams?

If you decide to roll with that score, you might be able to get interview from your state school.

Like bubbles have said, how do you study? What materials do you use? Whats your study habit? These are the things that we need to know in order to assess your situation further so we can help you.

If you decide to roll with that score, you might be able to get interview from your state school.

Like bubbles have said, how do you study? What materials do you use? Whats your study habit? These are the things that we need to know in order to assess your situation further so we can help you.

Not if state school is Cali ;)

Otherwise, I agree, you may have a shot.

Members don't see this ad :)
yea...Cali state schools are crazy to get in even for in staters...

Haha. Yeah, its a double bladed sword in that regard.

But there is no doubt AT ALL in my mind that you will get your choice of UCSF or UCLA. Especially UCSF. You have to be one of the most competitive coming out of UCD, as far as numbers.:)

And UoP and UCSF love UCD students, in my experience. In retrospect, I wish I would have gone there.

Now I hijacked your thread Alex, sorry! ;)

I got a 15 on my PAT section also. Similar scores but my Qr was 15 also. I'm going to try to wait it out. I've studied abroad for a year, shadowed 50+ hours and done 3 research projects so that and solid recommendations will hopefully get me in somewhere. (and I teach a general chem lab)

applied to VCU, UNC, BU, Midwestern, UAB, Tufts, NYU, and Howard :)

I took a kaplan course the year before I took the DAT, which was a complete waste of money. I took notes on each section of the Kaplan book, I studied Destroyer, and used old chem books.

I know that I should have done more practice tests, I never took a full length one- I tried sections out of Achiever and Topscore. I thought I would be fine for math, but obviously I was way too overconfident in my capabilities for that section.

I also know that I didn't study long enough at all...I started a couple of weeks before so I was cramming up to the night before the test and only slept like 4 hours that night. This hurt me on the PAT section, everything started to look blurry after awhile, so by the end I was so tired I started guessing on the pattern folding and hold punching questions...oops

And no, I have NO CLUE how to do TFE questions...i despise those boxes...any help on this would be great! I asked a ton of people this summer to look at them, my dad who is a dentist, the oral surgeons that I shadowed, my friends...no one can see how these things add up to the answer.

The next time I can take it is November 24...is this too late??? I want to go to the University of Detroit and there deadline is May 1st- so maybe this can work out, even though by that time they have made their decisions I assume.

Sorrry this is long, I am just having a freak out, so any tips on TFE questions, the math section - time was my biggest problem. I am confident on the sciences. I have 18 credits this fall and I am going to have to make a strict schedule to study for this ****

if you took the kaplan course, did you learn the line counting strategy for TFE?

It kinda helps on test day, although about half the questions, none could be ruled out by counting ( that sucked). I hated TFE also, but the more you practice the better you get at it.

Yo I got a 12 in QR. That is a new record...so feel better!!

I had all word problems and not enough time. Those A**holes.

ya I learned the line counting strategy, but I need something more, b/c that only worked for like 1 on mine.....there has to be some other method to figuring the TFE questions out...