Advice please!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

berrisweet712

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I recently received an interview invitation for midwestern CPG and I'm from Chicago. Midwestern CCP is my first choice, and I submitted both supplementals on the same day but haven't heard anything from Chicago yet. The CPG interview is for Oct 30, which is way before some of the other schools I just sent supplementals to will even review my application. Should I attend the interview just in case :xf:or should I wait and see if other schools nearby get back to me? I'm scared to let this chance go!
 
I recently received an interview invitation for midwestern CPG and I'm from Chicago. Midwestern CCP is my first choice, and I submitted both supplementals on the same day but haven't heard anything from Chicago yet. The CPG interview is for Oct 30, which is way before some of the other schools I just sent supplementals to will even review my application. Should I attend the interview just in case :xf:or should I wait and see if other schools nearby get back to me? I'm scared to let this chance go!

Are these two the same school?

Either way, I don't see how attending an interview can hurt (besides travel expenses).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I recently received an interview invitation for midwestern CPG and I'm from Chicago. Midwestern CCP is my first choice, and I submitted both supplementals on the same day but haven't heard anything from Chicago yet. The CPG interview is for Oct 30, which is way before some of the other schools I just sent supplementals to will even review my application. Should I attend the interview just in case :xf:or should I wait and see if other schools nearby get back to me? I'm scared to let this chance go!

My advice is: Go with whatever chance is given to you. Would you want to risk this for a chance that you might not get into a school nearby? I wouldn't.
 
You did apply to the school in AZ, spending the money for the application, etc. If you did not think you would take the interview - why did you apply?

I think you should definitely interview with them.
A. It will give you interview experience
B. God forbid you do not get into your top choices, and get into AZ, you will have a back up plan
 
i'm still a highschool senior... but, here's a little food for thought: "...opportunities are seldom in life and if you don't make the best of it, it'll pass you bye..."

good luck 😀