Advice please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmddds

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I posted this in the "pre dent" forum, but would like some feedback from current dental students... feel free to post replies here or there...

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=715862

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just do it! If you have the will to go through another four years of schooling, then go ahead and do it. I certainly think you are compatible and your PharmD will weigh positively in your favor. Just do well on your DAT (18+) and make sure you graduate with a reasonably good GPA.
Good luck!

I personally knew a guy who was first a pharmD then went to DDS then went to OS and got MD. so this PharmD, DDS, MD is 42 yo by the time he got to practice OS. To each his own. It is doable, there is no right or wrong answer. If you want to do it go for it.
I have a good friend who raves about being in pharmacy because unlike MDs they can get to work on their schedule and they got $30K sign up bonuses to work for one of these corporations etc. That was 4 yrs ago. I don't know what it is like these days but he is working for express scripts now.

]I personally knew a guy who was first a pharmD then went to DDS then went to OS and got MD. so this PharmD, DDS, MD is 42 yo by the time he got to practice OS[/B]. To each his own. It is doable, there is no right or wrong answer. If you want to do it go for it.
I have a good friend who raves about being in pharmacy because unlike MDs they can get to work on their schedule and they got $30K sign up bonuses to work for one of these corporations etc. That was 4 yrs ago. I don't know what it is like these days but he is working for express scripts now.

thats insane... but i would do it!

thats the same age i'd be if i went that route through a 6 year OMFS program...

i'd love to talk to someone who went through it all like that

thats insane... but i would do it!

thats the same age i'd be if i went that route through a 6 year OMFS program...

i'd love to talk to someone who went through it all like that

UPdate: Express scripts is in the process of laying off a bunch of pharmacist.

UPdate: Express scripts is in the process of laying off a bunch of pharmacist.

yeah, i talked to a pharmd in ohio who just got laid off..... nothing even close to that is happening in my area but still....

its discouraging :(