advice please :)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ibraham

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there SDN people - hope u r all okay .. ummm..this's my very first post. in this forum ...:oops:

I'm a final year medical student .. &I really like Ophthalmology ..
I've convinced an ophtha. consultant in my university hospital to supervise a research I'm willing to conduct .. he agreed.:D

Now, the problem is that I'm kind of confused about the topic of this research .. too many ideas!

can anyone please advice me a topic .. that's good enough to be published ?
I also need this project to support my CV .. since it's highly competitive to join ophtha. in my country :(

ya and by the way ...I'm from Saudi Arabia :)

thank u all :)

Members don't see this ad.

Help us narrow down the options a bit and maybe we can help. To select a topic in ophthalmology that will be published is a pretty vague request.

Are there any areas of research that your particular program has a strength in? Do you want to do clinical or basic science research? What field in ophthalmology are you most interested in? Does your mentor/preceptor have some topics in mind or perhaps projects already started?

Mstaking10-

really thank you ... for ur post .. and u r right .. i was pretty vague and un specific .. :(
ya know, the problem is that .. i really like to do some kind of a clinical research .. bt i dn't think i hv the time, my friend ,, in two weeks i'll be starting my final year .. and it's too many subjects and duties ..:scared:

sometimes i think that reviewing charts and making it as a retrospective cohort kind of study is the answer .. at least I could say that i can manage " time "

about my mentor....ya i guess he's got some ideas in mind but after all it's my call .. so i wished i could come with my own ideas ..

i hv sm ideas and research questions .. that I'm willing to share here in this forum ..I'll post 'em soon ..they need to be a lil-organizied first..

thank u brother :)

Last edited: