Advice...please?

Started by kingcohn1
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kingcohn1

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Recent graduate with a BS in Biology from UF. 3.49cGPA, 3.30s...I took the MCAT last August with a 28R..decided to apply, didn't get any interviews. Attempting to try again this cycle, taking the cats in 3 weeks doing slightly better but not much, around 30. My main concern is I have little shadowing w/ physicians, yet I volunteered w/ a palliative care program at Shands Hospital for two years so I have patient interaction. Also, I think my gpa's a little too low. Many friends w/ similar numbers are doing a post-bacc progam
(im not interested at all in going back to school quite yet..but may have to nxt yr). I'm also really fascinated w/ entomology, almost minored in it, and was considering either doing a ms degree or phd instead/in addition. very overwhelmed, again, and uncertain of the best/most efficient approach. Any advice would be greatly apprech'd. Thanks friends.