Advice regarding ongoing GMC (UK) registration

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SOJ

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good day all,
My first post here. We are out of ideas so I joined this forum for any advice regarding my wife's ongoing GMC registration.

We are at the point now where the only issue left for the GMC is "Evidence of the date you passed your final examination and became eligible for your Primary Medical Qualification."

We have sent:
1. A copy of her degree (which has the date it was conferred), and we were told that it does not prove the above.

2. A copy of her academic transcript showing the grades she scored on her final exams in her final year, and we were told again it did not prove this. I assume by this response that the date they actually want is the exact day she passed her final exam.

Please take note that my wife graduated 7 years ago, so are we supposed to dig up an examination schedule (if it indeed exists)? So what else could the GMC possibly want? I am hard pressed to think that there is an official at her university who could attest to her passing her final exam on the X day of X month of X year.

I assume due to the amount of applications they get, what they are asking MUST be a standard document any university can reasonably produce? But the GMC takes the position that "It is up to you to prove..." I cant help but feel we are dealing with a difficult GMC official unfortunately.

You cant get your degree without passing your exams, and we have provided her grades in her final year. We are out of ideas, any suggestions welcome.

Members don't see this ad.