advice? should i reapply to same schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wei28

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
So I've heard different thiings from different people as to what I shoudl do for next year. Early in the cycle of 2005 application, I received interviews from Duke, OHSU, Case Western and Cleveland Clinic. So I thought I'd have a shot at getting in somewhere. But I ended up not hearing from any other schools, and got placed on the alternate lists at OHSU & CCLCM (not high priority positions). I only applied to the top 50 schools (30 total), which probably hurt my chances of getting in somewhere. (GPA 3.5 MCAT 10/8/12/P) Anyhow, I only have a few things that have changed in my application, so I dont' know if I should reapply with the same application, but lower tier schools? or should I spend extra time to improve my app?

thx for ur advice...

Members don't see this ad.

what do you consider early in the cycle?

when did your complete your secondaries?

You sound pretty much like me only I applied to lower tiered schools in addition to first tier schools. I was surprised at some of the interview requests I recieved and disappointed by some of the rejections I got. I have similar stats to you. I will be reapplying to many of the same schools, but also more from a broad range (I only applied to 12 last time-which is definitely not enough).

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes you should. But first you should call the admissions offices and ask them for advice and/or how you can strenghten your application.

I notice a lot of Ohio schools. Did you apply to MCO? I would also suggest you take a look into places such as Loyola-Chicago, SLU, Creighton, etc.

Good luck.

2tall said:
what do you consider early in the cycle?

when did your complete your secondaries?

I was invited for interviews around october for all those schools, and interviewed in november

If you've somehow improved your application at all (better mcat, better gpa, better ECs or LORs), i would go ahead and reapply to those schools that gave you an interview.