Quantcast

advice? should i reapply to same schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wei28

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Hi Everyone,
So I've heard different thiings from different people as to what I shoudl do for next year. Early in the cycle of 2005 application, I received interviews from Duke, OHSU, Case Western and Cleveland Clinic. So I thought I'd have a shot at getting in somewhere. But I ended up not hearing from any other schools, and got placed on the alternate lists at OHSU & CCLCM (not high priority positions). I only applied to the top 50 schools (30 total), which probably hurt my chances of getting in somewhere. (GPA 3.5 MCAT 10/8/12/P) Anyhow, I only have a few things that have changed in my application, so I dont' know if I should reapply with the same application, but lower tier schools? or should I spend extra time to improve my app?

thx for ur advice...

2tall

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
what do you consider early in the cycle?

when did your complete your secondaries?

nockamura

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
You sound pretty much like me only I applied to lower tiered schools in addition to first tier schools. I was surprised at some of the interview requests I recieved and disappointed by some of the rejections I got. I have similar stats to you. I will be reapplying to many of the same schools, but also more from a broad range (I only applied to 12 last time-which is definitely not enough).

ZephyrX

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yes you should. But first you should call the admissions offices and ask them for advice and/or how you can strenghten your application.

I notice a lot of Ohio schools. Did you apply to MCO? I would also suggest you take a look into places such as Loyola-Chicago, SLU, Creighton, etc.

Good luck.

wei28

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
2tall said:
what do you consider early in the cycle?

when did your complete your secondaries?

I was invited for interviews around october for all those schools, and interviewed in november

BaylorGuy

Enter witty comment here
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you've somehow improved your application at all (better mcat, better gpa, better ECs or LORs), i would go ahead and reapply to those schools that gave you an interview.