Advice: SMP

Started by tanny
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

tanny

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My GPA is a 3.3. I'm retaking my MCAT (20). Should I do a SMP?
I gradated last May with biological science degree.
 
Last edited:
I think to get into an SMP, you need a decent MCAT score, so it will depend on how you do on the retake. Alternatively you could do two years of an informal post-bac, getting straight As, and get your GPA up to 3.5. You'd still need a good MCAT score at that point, but you'd have a few years to review material and maybe take a prep course.
 
If you pick one with linkage into a med school and perform extremely well (often in competition with med students) they can be very helpful in redeeming a low GPA and getting you an acceptance.