• Livestream AMA: Join SDN as we welcome Dr. John Ligon, a Pediatric Oncologist with the National Cancer Institute on May 11th at 8:00 PM Eastern. Register now!

loca Dr. chica

10+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2005
Status (Visible)
So I have Step 2 in a few days. Wasn't able to take too much time off...Have been doing usmleworld for the last approx. 2 weeks. Took a break for 2 days now to read bits of Secrets in the areas I'm weak on. My last 2 blocks were low 70s (perhaps a fluke), before that low 60s. I probably won't finish Uworld or secrets - Will finish about 70-80% of it if I'm lucky. Had a 231 on Step 1, and really want >240, but ok w/ anything above my Step 1 score. I was scheduled to go to Europe and spent $600 to move my ticket to get a few extra days to study. Now I can still push it back 4 more days, but would lose all that money + original flight price. Right now, the match looks like I may have to reapply next year so I really don't want to screw this up, but am not sure I have done enough preparation to reach my goal. I'm really struggling with whether I should push it back a few days to finish uworld, but lose $2000 in the process. Would appreciate any advice on whether 80% of Uworld vs. 100% and not finishing Secrets will make that much of a score difference?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.