Advice? Terrible DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ohnoitsjanna

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi SDN,
Needing some advice right now. So I've already completed my applications and sent them in early June. My stats (meh) are GPA: 3.32 sGPA: 3.2 BCP: 2.82 and nonsciGPA: 3.6 - Lots of extracurriculars, volunteering, + shadowing hours

Took my DAT 8/2 and received
PAT: 21
QR: 16
RC:19
Bio: 17
GC: 17
OC: 16
AA: 17
Very disappointing and I know I could have done much, much better. I'm confident (not cocky haha) that I can manage a 20AA since my practice test scores on achiever were around ~19AA and I'm going to utilize these 3 months for studying the materials more in depth.

The schools I applied to were (maine resident)
NYU (#1 choice)
UMDNJ
Columbia
UNE (#3 choice)
BU
Tufts (#2 choice)

I figured that I don't have much to lose retaking the DAT the earliest date possible (Oct 31) since I've sent everything in and paid for secondaries. Is there still hope of getting into schools such as NYU and possibly UNE (my instate school?) And if I don't get in.. do you guys recommend a masters program or a post bacc? My BCP is very low (2.8), and I didn't do so well in the basic pre-reqs which I could now easily 4.0 as a mature student.

Thanks for your advice SDN :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi SDN,
Needing some advice right now. So I've already completed my applications and sent them in early June. My stats (meh) are GPA: 3.32 sGPA: 3.2 BCP: 2.82 and nonsciGPA: 3.6 - Lots of extracurriculars, volunteering, + shadowing hours

Very disappointing and I know I could have done much, much better. I'm confident (not cocky haha) that I can manage a 20AA since my practice test scores on achiever were around ~19AA and I'm going to utilize these 3 months for studying the materials more in depth.

NYU (#1 choice)
UMDNJ
Columbia
UNE (#3 choice)
BU
Tufts (#2 choice)

I figured that I don't have much to lose retaking the DAT the earliest date possible (Oct 31) since I've sent everything in and paid for secondaries. Is there still hope of getting into schools such as NYU and possibly UNE (my instate school?) And if I don't get in.. do you guys recommend a masters program or a post bacc? My BCP is very low (2.8), and I didn't do so well in the basic pre-reqs which I could now easily 4.0 as a mature student.

Did you get any interviews?

Hi SDN,

NYU (#1 choice)
UMDNJ
Columbia
UNE (#3 choice)
BU
Tufts (#2 choice)

retake oct 31st. do not tell schools youre retaking, bc u will be put onhold. pray to God that u do not get rejected before your retake. once u retake, update schools.

although, if your only science courses are your pre reqs (is this wrong?) and u didnt do well, then i dont think getting a 20aa wont even matter. meaning maybe u should do both.....take science courses this semester as well as retake ur dat on oct 31st and get a better score. its doable, if u really want to try and get accepted to ds this cycle. be a fighter!!!

retake oct 31st. do not tell schools youre retaking, bc u will be put onhold. pray to God that u do not get rejected before your retake. once u retake, update schools.

although, if your only science courses are your pre reqs (is this wrong?) and u didnt do well, then i dont think getting a 20aa wont even matter. meaning maybe u should do both.....take science courses this semester as well as retake ur dat on oct 31st and get a better score. its doable, if u really want to try and get accepted to ds this cycle. be a fighter!!!

I think she got an interview at UNE. I saw it on official interview/rejection thread