Advice: waiting on another school's reply.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cmoh

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I was accepted into an optometry program, however, it is not my first choice. My first choice should be answering me soon. The program I was accepted into has a deadline that is tomorrow and I already got an extension. What should I do? I really do not want to put down a deposit that is a few hundred dollars... Is it appropriate to call my top choice and maybe ask when I will hear back?

Members don't see this ad.

First find out if the school offers a refund on your deposit. I know that several offer a partial refund while others offer full (of course there are those that don't offer any at all). To be frank, does a few hundred for deposit sound like quite a bit right now? Maybe. But in the greater scheme of things, its an investment toward your future because you chose to make this commitment. You never know if one of your other options just won't play out like you hope. Best of luck though! Contacting admissions for your top choice is not inappropriate by any means.

Reactions: 1 user