Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DallasCowboy1989

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I took about a 3 year break from applying to pharmacy school. I recently decided to give it a shot again. My GPA was not good at all but I did work as a tech with Walgreens from 2009-2014. I let my license expire in 2014. I am going to retake the PCAT in September and retake a couple of classes to try to up my GPA some. Anybody have any words on my chances? I would rather not say my GPA but it was not very competitive. Any help is appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I am not sure we can help you if you don't say your GPA. However, it looks like you are on the right track with the retakes and studying for PCAT.

Hey guys,

So I took about a 3 year break from applying to pharmacy school. I recently decided to give it a shot again. My GPA was not good at all but I did work as a tech with Walgreens from 2009-2014. I let my license expire in 2014. I am going to retake the PCAT in September and retake a couple of classes to try to up my GPA some. Anybody have any words on my chances? I would rather not say my GPA but it was not very competitive. Any help is appreciated.
Just make sure the science classes are taken within 5 years of applying, as some schools require.