Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toothdds

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I am seeking advice, if you don't mind. So, my biochemistry class this fall did not have enough students enrolled so the class was canceled. As a result, I now am under units. Should I take a 2 unit internship which will put me at 12 units and still keep me as a full-time student? The internship is basically 8 hours a week of any volunteer work you would like to do. I would just shadow a dentist during that time, but the internship is credit/no credit as well. Do you think I should do the internship or really work hard to try and find another class I could late add into? I already have applied this year, have three interviews thus far, so I just don't want to jeopardize any of that and want to make a good decision.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello!

I am seeking advice, if you don't mind. So, my biochemistry class this fall did not have enough students enrolled so the class was canceled. As a result, I now am under units. Should I take a 2 unit internship which will put me at 12 units and still keep me as a full-time student? The internship is basically 8 hours a week of any volunteer work you would like to do. I would just shadow a dentist during that time, but the internship is credit/no credit as well. Do you think I should do the internship or really work hard to try and find another class I could late add into? I already have applied this year, have three interviews thus far, so I just don't want to jeopardize any of that and want to make a good decision.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!

Do the internship. You're gonna need to take time to go on interviews. You don't want to be worrying about midterms and finals during interview season.

Reactions: 1 user
You're already interviewing, the courses you take currently won't really impact admissions. Do the internship - you'll have more flexibility that way to schedule interviews instead of having one more class to worry about working around.

Reactions: 1 user