1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

advice

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by billydet, Nov 17, 2005.

1. billydet

billydet Junior Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Hi,
    I am new to this site. I have a degree in Computer Science that I obtained last year, and my gpa is not so great 2.8, due to some engineering courses. However, my university requirements are good and also I must take 6 science calsses and the PCAT to be considered for the PharmD program. I am considering taking these 6 core science classes and the PCAT in 06 and then apply. I suppose my main fear is taking these courses and not getting into any pharm school. Anybody have any advice on my chances of getting into pharm school?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. billydet

billydet Junior Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    lol anyone?

4. beccala33

beccala33 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    I was in the exact same boat as you. My GPA was just a little higher, but I was also compsci. I have now taken the pcat (haven't gotten my score), have taken all of my prereq's and gotten A's in almost everything, and am applying for 2006. I am a firm believer in doing what you want and having faith in yourself... ie. GO FOR IT!

5. starsweet

10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    I'm also in the same boat, I was an engineering major. But no worries, go ahead and apply. You will never know unless you try! ;) "Your chances increase dramatically when you apply!"

6. crossjb

crossjb Senior Member
    5+ Year Member