advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

billydet

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am new to this site. I have a degree in Computer Science that I obtained last year, and my gpa is not so great 2.8, due to some engineering courses. However, my university requirements are good and also I must take 6 science calsses and the PCAT to be considered for the PharmD program. I am considering taking these 6 core science classes and the PCAT in 06 and then apply. I suppose my main fear is taking these courses and not getting into any pharm school. Anybody have any advice on my chances of getting into pharm school?

Members don't see this ad.

billydet said:
Hi,
I am new to this site. I have a degree in Computer Science that I obtained last year, and my gpa is not so great 2.8, due to some engineering courses. However, my university requirements are good and also I must take 6 science calsses and the PCAT to be considered for the PharmD program. I am considering taking these 6 core science classes and the PCAT in 06 and then apply. I suppose my main fear is taking these courses and not getting into any pharm school. Anybody have any advice on my chances of getting into pharm school?

lol anyone?

I was in the exact same boat as you. My GPA was just a little higher, but I was also compsci. I have now taken the pcat (haven't gotten my score), have taken all of my prereq's and gotten A's in almost everything, and am applying for 2006. I am a firm believer in doing what you want and having faith in yourself... ie. GO FOR IT!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm also in the same boat, I was an engineering major. But no worries, go ahead and apply. You will never know unless you try! ;) "Your chances increase dramatically when you apply!"