advice?.....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

waiting

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey, newbie here...just read all those ridiculous med school vs. dental posts......i feel sorry for those immature fools doing one or the other only for money/prestige issues..
I actually spent 1 1/2 yrs. in med school (finished basic sciences) but withdrew in dec. and am now applying to dental school...why? b/c while i was always primarily interested in dentistry growing up, i went after medicine b/c of those money/prestige factors and family pressure. The further i advanced in med school, however, the more i realized that my heart wasn't into it and kept wishing i'd stuck w/my guns and gone into dentistry...which i've finally decided to do. If you're not being true to yourself and pursuiing your heart, be it medicine or dentistry, you're going to be miserable, take it from me.

Anyway, i'm getting frustrated by the application process. my undergrad school won't be drafting my committee letter for another month so my aadsas application (which i've already submitted) is just sitting around and not being forwarded to schools... so, i haven't done my secondaries, which i probably won't get done now until late aug./early sept. is this going to make it too late to interview in the fall? i'm hoping my good scores and undergrad gpa-- 25 acad., 20 pat, 3.7gpa-- will help me get fall interviews even if my applications get in a little later...do you think this'll be true? i'm just so nervous/frustrated about not being able to do anything right now and just having to wait for aadsas...aaghh....

:mad: :eek: :p

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
Secondaries? You have already received secondaries?
Tim.

no, i haven't received secondaries yet....i was frustrated about the fact that i probably won't get them until mid to late august, which might be too late for fall interviews?? is this right or is this a normal time frame?

Members don't see this ad :)
I recieved most of my secondaries about 3-4 weeks after I sent in my AADSAS application. By the way, great scores - even if your interviews are a little later, you should get in without any problems.

Thanks for the info on the secondaries time frame.....I just called AADSAS yesterday and found out that AADSAD Does Not wait for your committee letter/recommendations before they begin processing your application, they go ahead and forward your applications to the schools as is.....I was happy to hear that.... :)

Hi,
waiting..does AADAS then send your references to complete your application once they receive them? How does that work?
Tim.

hey Tim,

Well, when I explicitly asked the woman that I spoke with at ADEAS, she said "no, we don't wait for your recommendations before processing your application." I then asked whether that meant "do you go ahead and forward the application to the schools as well" and she replied yes. I didn't specifically ask what the exact deal is as far as do they go ahead and send out your aadsas and then send out your recommendation separately again once they receive it? i'm going to call again next mon. to clarify this...i would call this week but don't want to get a reputation for being a pain in the ass! hope this helps.... -h