1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Advice

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by Shjfr, May 27, 2008.

1. Shjfr

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I am scheduled to take my DAT in a few days (Saturday 31). I do not feel that I am ready for it. I am wondering whether or not I should reschedule.

If I do not do well enough Saturday I could retake it at the earliest early September (3 month rule, or 90 days, whatever it is). I feel that this might be too late (I plan to apply to Indiana University and I saw that someone got rejected already in early August with a 3.5 GPA, I would assume because of a 16 DAT score). I of course plan to apply to other schools but this is my school of choice since I am an Indiana resident.

But, if I do reschedule and still do not do well enough the retake date would have to be even later...

Thanks for any advice.

Procrastination is a B****.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. allstardentist

allstardentist All-Star
    10+ Year Member

Dental Student
    i think you should reschedule it if you think you could do better by studying more. have a do or die mentality and study hard til the new rescheduled date. if you dont think u could do better by studying more, then just take it and see what happens

4. Jabbawockeez

2+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Did the guy have an AA of 16? He'd get rejected by any school with that score.

5. Shjfr

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    Yeah rejected on August 1st I think with a 16. I know that every school will reject you with a 16, I was just surprised that you could be rejected so early; you would think that they probably would have retested but were rejected already.

6. jigabodo

Dentist 10+ Year Member

Dentist
    Only take it when you are ready.

At this point in time, you can probably reschedule and hold off your DAT score until sometime in late July and still not be at a significant disadvatange.

7. Shjfr

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    thanks everyone. pushed it back a couple weeks.