Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ajj414

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am a Pre-medical student and just seeking advice to see if their is anything further that I can do:

I am halfway through my sophomore year and:

- 4.0GPA (All Bio and Inorganic Chem taken)
- Fraternity Member with Offices
- Have spent a semester studying abroad
- Spent my past summer at medical school in a pre-med intensive program
-Volunteer at my local medical center (although not much due to me not being home hardly)
-I am applying to 3-4 research programs this summer (fingers crossed I get into one)

I feel confident with my past standardized test taking skills that I would most likely score in 30-32 range on the MCAT

Do I seem to be competitive? Am I on the right track, or is their any other things that I should be doing that would better my chances?

Thanks for any advice

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I am a Pre-medical student and just seeking advice to see if their is anything further that I can do:

I am halfway through my sophomore year and:

- 4.0GPA (All Bio and Inorganic Chem taken)
- Fraternity Member with Offices
- Have spent a semester studying abroad
- Spent my past summer at medical school in a pre-med intensive program
-Volunteer at my local medical center (although not much due to me not being home hardly)
-I am applying to 3-4 research programs this summer (fingers crossed I get into one)

I feel confident with my past standardized test taking skills that I would most likely score in 30-32 range on the MCAT

Do I seem to be competitive? Am I on the right track, or is their any other things that I should be doing that would better my chances?

Thanks for any advice

I have not yet been accepted anywhere, but my advice would be to:
Do something fun so that you don't get burnt out. Even if you enjoy these different med. related activities (as I do mine) you will still get burnt out. Find something else to do for yourself. With that in mind I would try to keep up the volunteering and maybe throw some other type in there. I know at two of my interviews so far they have asked if I had any non-medical related SERVICE experience. I would also shadow a doctor or two if you can (could be related to the medical center experience).
This is just my opinion. You look relatively competitive without anything else though to be honest.