1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Advice??

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by miab, Dec 23, 2008.

1. miab

Pre-Dental
    how many credit hours should i be enrolled in per semester to have a chance at dental school?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. eternalxdemon

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    as many as you feel you can handle so that you do well in all your classes and pre-requisites. but typically ppl do at least the minimum for being a fulltime... iono wat it is for the semester system but for the quarter system it's 12 units minimum each quarter to be considered a full time student.

4. NyCzPeter

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I actually think they do look at your course load per semester. If they see you're only taking 12 credits without any due reason then it'll make you appear lazy. I think minimum should be atleast 15 credits per semester unless of course you have valid reasons such as work or a child etc. Otherwise, you should stack it up.