Advice

Started by VCU07
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

VCU07

Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have applied this year to all MD schools, but was wondering if you guys think I should apply DO as well. I have my Pharm.D with a high GPA 3.75, but my MCAT is low and I don't have much confidence in getting accepted this year. As a nontrad I hate to waste a year and retry the MCAT, esp. since I wasn't able to bring it past a 23 the first two times. I don't have anything against applying DO, but I was told my a friend of mine who is a DO my residency choices will be limited, which led me not to apply. What do you guys think? Retry my MCAT and reapply next year or give DO a shot this year and see what happens? I realize it is late, but you never know.
 
I have applied this year to all MD schools, but was wondering if you guys think I should apply DO as well. I have my Pharm.D with a high GPA 3.75, but my MCAT is low and I don't have much confidence in getting accepted this year. As a nontrad I hate to waste a year and retry the MCAT, esp. since I wasn't able to bring it past a 23 the first two times. I don't have anything against applying DO, but I was told my a friend of mine who is a DO my residency choices will be limited, which led me not to apply. What do you guys think? Retry my MCAT and reapply next year or give DO a shot this year and see what happens? I realize it is late, but you never know.

MCV rules. Do you have any contacts in the faculty that will shoot you straight about your chances?

Have you tried a PREP course?
 
Last edited: