advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

boyman

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm scheduled to take step 2 ck early next week. I took NBME 4 yesterday and got a 202 :(. My usmleworld % is 61 with 60% done. Should I postpone my exam? I have my interviews in the 2-3 weeks after the exam so I'm wondering even if I postpone it by a month, would it help me. Any advice would be really helpful.

Members don't see this ad.

It probably depends on how well you want to do. I had a world score of 59% with just 25% done and got a 229. If you're a good test taker, it seems like you will pass but may not break average (229). Good luck.

Thanks for your reply. I'm wondering how much would it matter for residency if they see a lower score. I haven't opted to automatically release the score, but eventually they might see it or hold it against me that I didn't release my score by the time they rank applicants. That's my main concern.

Honestly, I would trust your USMLEworld score more than a single NBME test. If you are consistently getting in the 60's in World, then you're ready for the exam. If you're a poor test-taker in general and you had the butterflied during the NBME, then I guess that will always be there and another month of studying won't solve that. Otherwise, just take it.