Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flyerschickxox

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I had an interview at a school last Thursday. They said originally on the website it would be 8-10 weeks to hear back. After the interview they said they were going to make decisions at the board meeting Tuesday(today) and let us know by Friday hopefully. So my question is, my finals ended today and I got straight As in what I consider important classes (organic, A&P, physics, ect) should I send them an email to see if they will take them into account or is it pretty much a lost cause since it is not an offical transcipt(would take a couple days to mail it and by then Im assuming they would be on Christmas break)? Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

I would highly doubt that an adcom would consider grades reported without an official transcript accompanying them. I would not email them regarding your good grades. However, if you are wait listed and update your grades through PharmCAS they may consider them as the application cycle progresses.

I honestly don't think it would hurt if you write them a nice e-mail letter of intent and mention in it that your final transcripts will be forthcoming for this semester, but your preliminary grades were As. You could focus on thanking them for the interview and reaffirming why you want to go to their school. Professionally done, I think something like this could only help your application - although it may or may not be considered.