advice

Started by Suzy02
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Suzy02

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys : this is my first year in college, majoring in Pre-Pharmacy..I'm planning on enter in school of pharmacy in California or to be honest in whatever school that accepts me. Some people told me that i need a bachelor to broad my chance to enter in these schools.

So, i quite confused here :
1) Do I have to do a bachelor in biology or chemistry ,for example, to get accepted?
2) Pre-Pharmacy major is like a bachelor or I'm still to do a bachelor?
3) I mean if i graduated from my college (i think is AS) do i have to go to a university, get a bachelor, and after all apply to pharmacy school?

So please i need some advices 🙂 thanks 🙂😳😛
 
No you don't have to get a bachelors degree to get accepted at most schools. Look at your school's website and check out their admission requirements. I've had friends that got accepted and they only completed 2 years of undergrad. But having a degree does make you more competitive and it doesn't have to be in biology or chemistry. I have degrees in Computer Science and I was accepted into a school.
 
Hey guys : this is my first year in college, majoring in Pre-Pharmacy..I'm planning on enter in school of pharmacy in California or to be honest in whatever school that accepts me. Some people told me that i need a bachelor to broad my chance to enter in these schools.

So, i quite confused here :
1) Do I have to do a bachelor in biology or chemistry ,for example, to get accepted?
2) Pre-Pharmacy major is like a bachelor or I'm still to do a bachelor?
3) I mean if i graduated from my college (i think is AS) do i have to go to a university, get a bachelor, and after all apply to pharmacy school?

So please i need some advices 🙂 thanks 🙂😳😛

1) no
2) no. Pre-Pharmacy prereqs can be be completed within 2-3 years.
3) Most Cali schools require a bachelor's. yes, transfer to a uni and work towards a BS. You could start applying the summer prior to your last year at uni.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No you don't have to get a bachelors degree to get accepted at most schools. Look at your school's website and check out their admission requirements. I've had friends that got accepted and they only completed 2 years of undergrad. But having a degree does make you more competitive and it doesn't have to be in biology or chemistry. I have degrees in Computer Science and I was accepted into a school.

thanks so much for answer..i think im gonna do that, cuz Im 27 and tbh i dont have time to waste. i have a bachelor in computer science too but from another country. (probably they wouldnt accept that) but im gonna apply after i get my prerequisites in college.. thanks 🙂
 
1) no
2) no. Pre-Pharmacy prereqs can be be completed within 2-3 years.
3) Most Cali schools require a bachelor's. yes, transfer to a uni and work towards a BS. You could start applying the summer prior to your last year at uni.


thanks so much...i was searching and yes most schools in cali require a bachelor 🙁 that's bad.. cuz i'm 27 and i don't waste time..(im so old lol) .......well i have enough time to think ...thanks so much for your advice 🙂