Step I Advise: NBME 18= 209, should I postpone STEP 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jerseyguy123

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I recently received a 209 (74% correct), on NBME 18, 1 week out from step 1. I wanted to ask for advice if I should postpone the test and take it sometime third year, Or if I should take it as planned. Below are my NBME scores in order. Really need advise, I am leaning toward postponing but I am not sure.

NBME 21: 194 (pre-dedicated)
USWA 1: 215 (4 weeks into dedicated, first pass not finished)
NBME 20: 205 (5 weeks into dedicated, first pass not finished)
NBME 22: 213 (6 weeks into dedicated, first pass finished)
free 120: 69% (7 weeks into dedicated, first pass finished)
NBME 18: 209 (8 weeks into dedcated, second pass finished)

To be honest, I am somewhat surprised that 74% on NBME 18 is only a 209, but my goal was to be somewhere around a 230 (plus or minus 5) on the real deal. Should I postpone step 1, considering I haven't hit 230 even once on any practice test? also, I was planning on taking USWA 2 tomorrow, and then finish a final 3rd pass on all of the material by test date, but Now I am thinking of not taking USWA 2 and just postponing. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.