Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Advise needed

Discussion in 'Clinical Rotations' started by Alexus, Mar 17, 2002.

1. Alexus

Alexus Junior Member

Hi everybody, I need some advise. I am currently a third year at DO medical school, I will be applying to Allopathic Internal Medicine residency program; my scores from Step1 USMLE are very good. I am not sure if I need to take StepII early in my fourth year or I can postpone it to Jan. so I can concentrate on forth year electives at places that are on top of my list.
    Do PD's ask for StepII scores at interviews??????

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. task

task Senior Member

If you have strong Step I scores, I'd say go ahead and apply with those. I don't recall any of the places I interviewed specifically asking for Step II scores at all -- at most they asked about when I was taking it or if I had already taken it. However, from a peace of mind standpoint, you might not want to put it off till January. There's something nice about starting the New Year with Step II out of the way, plus not having to think about it while interviewing in Nov, Dec.