Advise on 2011 Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lilysomj

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello.
I'm planning on applying to dental school this fall.
And I want to apply as soon as the application opens.
What should I prepare now before June?
I'm working on my DAT right now.
Any advise on other requirements that I should be working on now?
Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Try to take DAT before the application start date. APPLY EARLY. I have to emphasize this because that is one of the key to get an acceptance letter. Meanwhile, try to shadow a dentist, work on your essay, do lots of volunteering activities and rock on your DAT.

make sure you already have 3 people who are willing to write DAMN GOOD recommendation letters for you, shadow a dentist, Take ur exam no later than Aug. have your personal statement ready to go (edites and finished) so all u'll have to do is copy & paste. And i might even advise you to create an account now for this years app cycle so you can know what questions are being asked so you'll already have your responses ready to go. Request all transcripts and make sure the schools are doing their part and sending it out in a timely fashion. It takes approximately 4-6 weeks for your app to get reviewed and verified once submitted. so the sooner the better.

Members don't see this ad :)
Try to take DAT before the application start date. APPLY EARLY. I have to emphasize this because that is one of the key to get an acceptance letter. Meanwhile, try to shadow a dentist, work on your essay, do lots of volunteering activities and rock on your DAT.

I agree, and this is very very very important.
I would rather be a guy with 3.5 GPA applying in June instead of 4.0GPA applying in August.

how do you usually start shadowing?

Last edited:
I would rather be a guy with 3.5 GPA applying in June instead of 4.0GPA applying in August.

What I meant was that if you aren't ready to test by june, make sure you dont push it past Aug. I didn't mean you should just start submitting your app no later than Aug, But the overall thing is to apply early.