advisor problem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DPT2010

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm in a Master's program in kinesiology right now and will be done in May 2010, my advisor is an assistant professor with no research funding and refuse to give me a TA from the department, and said that he doesn't care if his students will quit because of not being able to pay for tuition and fees. He's really nasty. I really want to get a TA from the department so to gain some experiences, also to save some money for PT school next year.

My question is: is it worthy to change to another advisor and get a TA and start all over again?

I know it's a little bit irrelevant to this forum, but please give me some suggestions if you could, thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Umm.............................................maybe try asking nicer

Thanks, I've been asking in a nice way, he expected me to labor for him in the lab for NOTHING in return or to complain. He didn't write any grants for FIVE years straight and at least gave one of his three PhD students a RA position, so two of his PhD are going to quit because of lack of funding.

BTW: whoever is considering getting a master's before going to PT schools, be careful with choosing advisors!!!

Punch him in the nuts. Then ask nicer. For real though, it's time to quit and make it known that this professor sucks balls then no one will be willing to work for him anymore.