Technology Adware and Pop-ups on my computer screen

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vegas

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any free programs out there that will get rid of my pop-ups and Adware? Some program/virus must have installed on my pc which I can't seem to find and erase and I keep getting these billion pop-up ads. :mad: I would really appreciate any suggestions!

Members don't see this ad.

vegas said:
Does anyone know of any free programs out there that will get rid of my pop-ups and Adware? Some program/virus must have installed on my pc which I can't seem to find and erase and I keep getting these billion pop-up ads. :mad: I would really appreciate any suggestions!

go to lavasoft.com and download/install the ad-aware program (the free one). Run it and discover the thousands (potentially, the record I found is around 3500) pieces of spyware on a machine.

Then, update and run frequently.

Members don't see this ad :)
I hope this can help a bit. I know of a company called FixFlash.com that is extremely successful in cleaning out all of the junk you can collect on the computer and cause it to slow down. Maybe try them out.