1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

AECOM LOR question

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by uvapremed, Jul 25, 2006.

1. I'm totally confused with LORs and what is required and stuff since I may have initially thought the wrong things. I've gathered a pre-health, 2 science, 2 econs, and 2 character references. AECOm says they require a pre-health letter. Do I still need to send 2 science and 1 non-science or can I mix it up by having just 1 science and 2 non-science/econ letters? Hopefully, this question makes sense to people.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. butmylipshurtrealbad

butmylipshurtrealbad Coolesteverclubmem4life
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Do you have a pre-health committee? If so, and you have a committee letter, then that is what you need to have sent. If there is no committe letter, then AECOM only really requires 2 faculty letters, one from a science discipline, and one from another (which it sounds like you have). All other letters are extra, so it doesn't really matter who they are from. Last year I sent 5 letters, Two faculty from my science major, 1 research mentor/faculty, 1 faculty from another discipline, and 1 from my employer at school. They explain it on their website too: http://www.aecom.yu.edu/home/admissions/recommendation_letters.htm
    although, it is a little confusing!
    AECOM is an awesome school- good luck:)