AEGD/GPR programs-- What does it take to get into the one of your choice and why one over another?

Whitetiger90

Feb 15, 2014
  1. Dental Student
    Hi everyone,

I'm a second year dental student and have been hearing a lot of upperclassman and peers talking about residencies. I wanted to ask: what are the pros and cons of some residencies in the NY tristate area as well as Florida residencies?

I have heard that AEGDs are preferable to GPRs due to less trauma cases which isnt as useful in private practice, and that VAs do a lot of implants and you get good experience in those programs. Is this accurate?

Also I have low grades from first year and just about l0wish-mid average grades this year so far. However, my school does not rank us. How competitive are some of these programs? How can I ensure that I get into the residency program of my choice and how will some of these lower grades impact me when I apply?

Thank you in advance!!

About the Ads
    This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
    2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
    5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
    6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
    7. This thread is locked.