AEGD/GPR that accepts students with low GPA?

Started by jymind88
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jymind88

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,

I wasn't going to apply for the residency program so I didn't care about my GPA but now I changed my mind to apply for the residency to get more experiences. My GPA is 3.0 currently and I think it will be around 3.1 after this semester. I feel like my GPA is too low to apply for AEGD/GPR. Does anyone know AEGD/GPR that don't look at GPA that much? I was looking for some stats for acceptances but I couldn't find information that I needed. I have done some extra-curriculum activities and volunteering. Please help!!!
 
A student in our class was ranked in the bottom quartile and was accepted to one of the most competitive residencies in our state; some students at the top of the class didn't even get interviews. Sometimes it has nothing to do with grades and more about who you know, for what it's worth.

And there are plenty of AEGDs/GPRs that will accept student with low grades. Apply broadly. Just make sure you talk to current and former residents. Programs false advertise almost to a criminal level.