AEGD/GPR.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Indiadental

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am a foreign trained dentist. Can I get admission into AEGD/GPR program without having to do DDS first? and also can I practice immediately after doing my AEGD/GPR? and in what states?

Members don't see this ad.

No. You have to graduate from a US based dental school first and pass the boards. There are programs that take 2 years instead of 4 for foreign trained dentists.

Thank you. Also could you please help me with the Statement of Purpose?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes you can be accepted in some GPR/AEGD, but just some of them accept foreign dentists without DDS/DMD in an acreditaded school.
After 1 year of GPR you can apply to a license in Virginia.. after 2 y you can apply to anothers 7 or 8 states, (Florida, Kentucky....)
Hello everyone! I am a foreign trained dentist. Can I get admission into AEGD/GPR program without having to do DDS first? and also can I practice immediately after doing my AEGD/GPR? and in what states?

Sent from my SM-G955U using SDN mobile

Could you please tell which AEGD programs accept foreign-trained dentists and have higher chances of acceptance?

Yes you can be accepted in some GPR/AEGD, but just some of them accept foreign dentists without DDS/DMD in an acreditaded school.
After 1 year of GPR you can apply to a license in Virginia.. after 2 y you can apply to anothers 7 or 8 states, (Florida, Kentucky....)

Sent from my SM-G955U using SDN mobile