AEGD with most endo experience????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ddsoneday1

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
any recommendations of schools to look into? kind of overwhelmed with researching. I will be applying to endo afterwards, so getting that experience would just be amazing

thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

If you're dead set on applying to endo then you shouldn't rule out just getting a job with plenty of endo experience, especially if you have significant student loans. I did far more endo cases in my first year of FQHC work than I did in my GPR. It's what made me decide on endo. The GPR was a waste of time.

Reactions: 1 user
You can do a GPR even with limited endo experience, but will make your app solid for an endo residency as they don't take too many new grads.

just anecdotal, but I have friends that got in to endo that did GPRs at the following places: Ohio State, OHSU VA, AT Still AEGD, Illinois Masonic.

I would probably look and see if there is a staff endodontist at the program, but I don't think it matter quite as much which AEGD/GPR you do as much as it matters that you do one.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you're dead set on applying to endo then you shouldn't rule out just getting a job with plenty of endo experience, especially if you have significant student loans. I did far more endo cases in my first year of FQHC work than I did in my GPR. It's what made me decide on endo. The GPR was a waste of time.
thank you so much for the advice! how long did you practice for before applying for endo?

thank you so much for the advice! how long did you practice for before applying for endo?
Did my GPR, settled on endo after my first year of practice, and then applied two years later as my scholarship was ending. Entered endo residency immediately following my NHSC obligation. So I had about 3 years of practice experience and a GPR at the time of interviews.

Reactions: 1 user