Aegd

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hydentist

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Those international dentists who have finished AEGD. Is it possible to work as a dentist after finishing the 12 month residency ? I know some states do allow to work as dentists without DDS/DMD after completing the 12 /24 months residency. I would appreciate if somebody could confirm this or am I interpreting the law differently.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

florida allows you to practice after a two year residency. i believe there are seven states that allow this.

Omaralt is right, the statement is not that bad but maybe insane.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it worthy to do AEGD program in Rochester University ? They said you can get license of Newyork state? But without DDS they allow us? Please help...

I think you will have to check with each state before you committ. I had a resident who did not graduate from a US schoool, but after taking a 1 year AEGD, he was able to get his Iowa license. He was an outstanding resident.

Where can i find the list of states that allow you to practice dentistry after and AEGD? I am an internationally trained dentist, planing to do residency instead of the International Dentist Program.