aerospace engineering

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jay2324

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
toughest major in college?

i think so

Members don't see this ad.

I have heard Biomedical engineering can be as bad depending on the program.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have heard Biomedical engineering can be as bad depending on the program.
Nope. Easiest would have to be industrial, civil, and biomedical. Harder ones are mechanical, electrical, and chemical.

Oh good, this discussion again.

chemical and electrical eng are the hardest

I think pure mathematics may be harder

At my university I think that mathematics or physics can be more cerebral, but they both lack the workload and very wide scope of content in chemical engineering.

Difficult field to learn and difficult field to find jobs! (Well i guess aerospace more than the other ones)

I took the engineering physics, i thought it was far easier than chemistry...I guess its just what your strengths are.

Then again my lowest grades in college were my Spanish classes.

I did aero engineering. It was hard, but I would say chemical engineering, mathematics, and maybe physics would be harder. But that's just me.

It's not my major...I'm a Chem major, but my friend is doing aerospace engineering and it seems pretty crazy. He attends cockrell school of engineering at UT so maybe that's why...

Nope. Easiest would have to be industrial, civil, and biomedical. Harder ones are mechanical, electrical, and chemical.

This is the truth. Those are the big 3 for difficulty. If someone can't cut it in one of those they move to civil or materials engineering before switching out of engineering.

Literature was one of the bad ones at my school (physics and chem were worse than engineering from friends majoring in them). I think it depends on your strengths and weaknesses, as well as what you need to get a job after you finish (our engineering department was a 5-year program with several internships that almost guarenteed you a job with over a 2.0)...