SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

aesthetic dentistry

Discussion in 'Dental Residents and Practicing Dentists' started by niti12, May 13, 2007.

  1. niti12

    niti12 5+ Year Member

    May 12, 2007
    does anyone know if any university is offering an ms in aesthetic dentistry? if yes please let me know!
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Arashi83

    Arashi83 2+ Year Member

    Sep 12, 2006
    Yay Area
    I know NYU has a aesthetic dentistry fellowship. I believe its two years, but you should check it out for yourself.
  4. jeninny44

    jeninny44 2+ Year Member

    May 4, 2007
    Just do continuing studies courses.
  5. Dental916

    Dental916 Senior Member 7+ Year Member

    Mar 5, 2005
    those continuing ed courses are offered all over the country? At Dental schools or at private insituitions? I ask this because I wll be moving back to Sacramento after dental school and the nearest dental school is 2 hrs away.
  6. diagnodent

    diagnodent Member 7+ Year Member

    Dec 9, 2005
    why would you go back to dental school to do CE? There are many large groups that offer CE in a better environment-- pankey, kois, spears, mercer, etc.
  7. Mach band

    Mach band It's not caries. 2+ Year Member

    Jun 22, 2006
    At UCSF cosmetic dentistry was added to the curriculum for the first time this quarter. It was an elective class in the previous year. We got to see the other side of dentistry. Most of our other courses were heavily based on conservative dentistry. I think cosmetic dentistry is more like an art. They showed us what to look for and how to create perfect smiles. The rest really depends on the individual's artistic skills and commitment to lots of practices.
  8. darksky

    darksky 2+ Year Member

    Feb 22, 2007
    take art classes or learn the skills from a lab tech.
  9. drhobie7

    drhobie7 10+ Year Member

    Jun 9, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Like NYU, UCLA has a 2 year post-grad program. You have to pay tuition.

Share This Page