AF Interview

Discussion in 'Dental' started by lexa_m, Jul 28, 2015.

1. lexa_m

Pre-Dental
    Hello SDN! Has anyone been through an AF HPSP Interview? Or any of the military HPSP interviews?

Is there anyone who can shed some light on what to expect or what type of questions they may ask?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. pilotdentist

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Never did HPSP but I served 7 years as an officer in the AF. I got out and am starting dental school this month.

I would be sure they know you are doing HPSP out of a desire to serve the nation and treat our airmen serving in deployed locations worldwide. Military dentists deploy and I would be sure the interviewer knows that you are ready for what your duty entails. Good luck.

3. jmh018

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    My interview was over the phone with a Colonel. He asked about my application, mostly to expand on experiences that I wrote about. He was pretty easy to talk to, kind of reminded me of talking to my dad or something. Be ready with questions for him, a classmate of mine spent 75% of his interview asking questions. He did get the scholarship. Also be prepared to talk about why you want the Air Force/military in general.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. lexa_m

Pre-Dental
    Ok, Thanks everyone!