Affording Surgery

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

musashi

Ninja Paramedic
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was watching Dr. 90210 the other day and had a thought about something. I see all these people from all over the spectrum in terms of economic backgrounds and was curious how everyone pays for all these surgeries you see on tv all the time. Since they show the viewer the numbers I wondered if everyone who has some sort of plastic surgery pays cash for the bill up front or what? Are there payment plans, do you apply for credit etc.?

Members don't see this ad.

I was watching Dr. 90210 the other day and had a thought about something. I see all these people from all over the spectrum in terms of economic backgrounds and was curious how everyone pays for all these surgeries you see on tv all the time. Since they show the viewer the numbers I wondered if everyone who has some sort of plastic surgery pays cash for the bill up front or what? Are there payment plans, do you apply for credit etc.?

All of the above.

Most surgeons doing cases not covered by insurance have a variety of ways to assist the patient in paying. These may be payment plans but often times its a loan from companies that often exclusively deal in these types of financing.