African American female applicants and Students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

modelgirl

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello , I have an important question on doing black hair for the interview day. I am an african american female with natural (non-permed) hair and I wanted to know which hair styles would be "acceptable" for the committee. I currently wear my hair twisted and with braided extensions sometimes. What in your opinion is considered "decent"? Thanks and Happy Holidays

Members don't see this ad.

Go for a mohawk! :D

Then again that "do" that Grace Jones had rocks. ;)

I think any style that is "pulled-back" is fine. I had a classmate go with the afro-puffs on her inteviews and she did just fine. If you have braids, just tie them back. As long as you aren't ghetto-fab (and I can say that b/c I am) you'll be fine.

M

I agree with ATLien with the pull back style. As long as your hair has substance and character meaning that it looks like you put some time into it, I'm sure you'll look presentable. Just don't come to the interview with purple and blue hair with glitter you should look fine. Where is your interview? What are you wearing to the interview? If you have any more questions, feel free to email me at [email protected]

Peace...Angela