SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

African American female applicants and Students

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by modelgirl, Dec 25, 2001.

1. modelgirl

modelgirl Junior Member

Dec 1, 2001
    Hello , I have an important question on doing black hair for the interview day. I am an african american female with natural (non-permed) hair and I wanted to know which hair styles would be "acceptable" for the committee. I currently wear my hair twisted and with braided extensions sometimes. What in your opinion is considered "decent"? Thanks and Happy Holidays
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Slingblade the Surgeon

Slingblade the Surgeon Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Oct 16, 2001
    Big Black Leather Chair
    Go for a mohawk! :D

Then again that "do" that Grace Jones had rocks. ;)
  4. Southernplayalisticadillacmusic

Southernplayalisticadillacmusic Member 7+ Year Member

Nov 15, 2001
    I think any style that is "pulled-back" is fine. I had a classmate go with the afro-puffs on her inteviews and she did just fine. If you have braids, just tie them back. As long as you aren't ghetto-fab (and I can say that b/c I am) you'll be fine.

5. apple638

apple638 Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Metairie, La
    I agree with ATLien with the pull back style. As long as your hair has substance and character meaning that it looks like you put some time into it, I'm sure you'll look presentable. Just don't come to the interview with purple and blue hair with glitter you should look fine. Where is your interview? What are you wearing to the interview? If you have any more questions, feel free to email me at [email protected]