Africans in Medicine organization in the US

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lotanna

Child of God
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey people, I came across this, from what I hear its going to be pretty good and definitely worth checking out. I cant attach the flier, so I'll post the details for that at the end of their message. It will be in Atlanta

Dear Family,

HOW IS EVERYONE DOING??!! I hope this letter finds you all in the best of health and with tolerable stress level…as we all know ‘it’s hard out here for….a… MEDICAL STUDENT!’

It has been a long time since we had some correspondence, but I assure you that the silence does not equate to inactivity. On the contrary, there has been much buzzing in preparation for the upcoming SNMA national conference in order to build on the idea that was birthed at last year’s conference. The idea that it is high time that African medical students scattered throughout the United States establish a collective base. The idea that we, as African medical students in these United States, acknowledge and affirm the unique experience of being AFRICANS in MEDICINE. By recognizing the distinct cultural dynamics that influence our experiences here in the United States, it is our AIM to create a supportive organization for African medical students while celebrating the African presence and contribution in medicine. In addition, providing support to our brothers and sisters back home in Africa.

As previously mentioned, there has been some buzzing for the past year as some of us from around the country have been working to put things in place for us to gather during the upcoming SNMA national conference. The goal is to establish a mission statement, structure, goals and objectives for AIM. Please see the attached flyer for more details.

Our people, all great things have a beginning and a journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. Join us in ATL as we seize this opportunity to do great things as our ancestors have done.

Kindly RSVP with Ijeoma Nnodim at [email protected] so that we have a count of how many will be present and be able to plan accordingly.

Please reply with any questions, comments, contributions, and concerns.

With trembling excitement,

Your fellow AFRICANS in MEDICINE

P.S Please inform those African Medical students in your various schools and regions of this exciting opportunity. Those interested in joining the list-serve can email Obi Ekwenna at [email protected] . See you all in ATL!

A.I.M.ixer

A.I.M.ixer

Pots & Plans!

Africans in Medicine

African Food * Townhall meeting

Date: Sat. 4/15/06

Time: 5-7pm

Venue: Morehouse College

We meet in Hilton hotel lobby at 4:30pm & transportation will be provided

Bring Ideas, Energy, Enthusiasm!

Contact (734)730-0662 for questions or more information

Members don't see this ad.