Other After 10 year taking step 3, can you apply to the states that have limits on years ? If so, you can't get license, how can you get license

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sara123456

Reaction score
I have a question please anyone respond. can you apply ,taking step3 after 10 years, to the states which requires 7 or 10 years limit to take steps ? Like Louisiana state they require no more then 10 year taking all the steps. If you do get Into residency there, you wouldn't be able to get license, so can you apply to another state to get license or any other short cuts ?

Anyone please help ! I am so lost.
Thank you so much in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I did not get into a residency in the US. I graduated in 2008. I completed all my steps in exactly 7 years. I am now in the uk doing the RCGP program and plan to go back to the US where I can get a state license in Maine,Arkansas,ok or Montana. Please google the ABFM reciprocity agreement and email the state licensing boards to confirm what I am saying can be done. Most pple don’t know about this pathway. The RCGP qualification is also recognized throughout canada

Members don't see this ad :)
RCGP uk is a 3 year family
Medicine residency program in the uk that is recognized in some US states such as Maine,Montana,Arkansas and Oklahoma.
You must have your usmle steps 1,2 and 3 to get a state license. You will not need to repeat residency

Reactions: 1 users
Reactions: 1 user
You can also become board certified eventually in the US,which may help obtain licenses in other states.
Can you please email me at
[email protected]
i would like to ask your few qs on what's an
And I would like to send you number via email :) not here
Plzzzzz

Last edited by a moderator: