After acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Revelde

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This question has already come up in pre-dent forum, but seems like nobody knows exactly. I ran a search and couldnt find the answer.

Since you are already in D schools.. can you please answer this question?

After your acceptance on 12/01 or later, Did you have to maintain your GPA or get at least B's or.. any requirements regarding the GPAs for the remaining courseworks?

I know I am not accepted yet and even if so, Its not that desirable to slack off and just play around.
However, I really wanna know how it works after the official acceptance.

Thanks in advance! :D

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think you have to maintain a certain GPA, but if you stated you were going to finish certain prerequisites, you MUST finish (and pass) them. They will see a final transcript. But if you get some bad grades at that point it won't matter.

I'm pretty sure they would address this in your interviews and let you know if they require a certain grade in pre-req classes. A few friends were in this scenario and although it depended upon the dental school, they usually had to at least pass the classes, or get B's or better if they were science pre-reqs.