After B.S. Chemistry

Started by kjc89
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kjc89

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,
I have a BBA Finance and B.S. Chemistry
2 years of research experince in medicinal chemistry. 2 years of commercial lab experience.
I didnt like working in the research lab but it gave me some good freedom.
I HATE working in a production oriented commercial lab. I was about to loose it! Might have even seen me on the news if i didnt quit.
Anyways, I am unemployed by choice. Now im considering a few options.
Masters in Chemistry or perhaps chemical engineering?
Also Phamacology or PharmD.
My friend works PharmD and he hates it im sure i wouldnt enjoy it either. However the skills might give me some flexibility? ( maybe just wishfull thinking)

I would be content with academia and becoming a professor part-time or full time. As long as i dont have to do research. Im sure i can find another source of income at that time. Im pretty crafty with creating value for people.

Just wanted to hear some options out here.
I was thinking of getting a free masters in chemistry while i think on it some more
 
Hello,
I have a BBA Finance and B.S. Chemistry
2 years of research experince in medicinal chemistry. 2 years of commercial lab experience.
I didnt like working in the research lab but it gave me some good freedom.
I HATE working in a production oriented commercial lab. I was about to loose it! Might have even seen me on the news if i didnt quit.
Anyways, I am unemployed by choice. Now im considering a few options.
Masters in Chemistry or perhaps chemical engineering?
Also Phamacology or PharmD.
My friend works PharmD and he hates it im sure i wouldnt enjoy it either. However the skills might give me some flexibility? ( maybe just wishfull thinking)

I would be content with academia and becoming a professor part-time or full time. As long as i dont have to do research. Im sure i can find another source of income at that time. Im pretty crafty with creating value for people.

Just wanted to hear some options out here.
I was thinking of getting a free masters in chemistry while i think on it some more
Is there a question in this?

This is a forum aimed at pre-med and pre-dent. Not pre-pharm or pre-PhD Chem