after interview PCO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

plano1984

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if anyone by any chance know the time frame for pco after the interview. I heard that pco will email you like 2 or 3 weeks after your interview dated if they accept you to the program. Well its been 3 weeks and I haven't hear anything back from them. Does that mean they deny me? I am getting nervous and worry. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure...I interviewed a week and a half ago so I'll post if I hear!

Simply based off of the Acceptance thread, since no one has posted their acceptance to PCO yet, they might not have started informing people yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Simply based off of the Acceptance thread, since no one has posted their acceptance to PCO yet, they might not have started informing people yet.

Not true. I interviewed mid-October and was accepted October 31st. The week after that I received their matriculation forms and all that in the mail. I've posted my acceptance, maybe there are two threads running for the same thing. Check both the pre and optometry forums...

After my interview I asked when I'd hear about everything. Here's what they said:

Are you missing any components to your application? PCO needs your application, OAT scores, and at least two science faculty rec letters in order to accept you. They won't consider you yet if you don't have at least that.

Also, it depends when their admissions council meets. Every 3 weeks or so the council selects people from whoever is eligible for admission. So you may have interviewed right after the council met, and just need to wait a few more days.

Call them and make sure you're all set. PCO messed up with getting my OAT scores- someone switched my first and last names on my score report, so my stuff was in their system but not in my file. If you know you've sent things in but PCO says you're missing something ask them to look it up based on your social security number.

Hope you hear back soon- maybe I'll see you next Fall down there.

Oops, my bad. Congrats on your acceptance :)

Hi, I was wondering if anyone by any chance know the time frame for pco after the interview. I heard that pco will email you like 2 or 3 weeks after your interview dated if they accept you to the program. Well its been 3 weeks and I haven't hear anything back from them. Does that mean they deny me? I am getting nervous and worry. Thanks

Ive learned a lot from reading thread after thread, about the length of the application process from how long after they have received my application are they granting interviews, to after I had finished my interview, how long should I wait for a decision...and the conclusion that I have come to is that.....

1. It depends on the school.
...one kid posted that he waited 8 weeks for an interview invite, while I waited only 2.5 weeks... interviews too, I waited only less than a week for an acceptance while other people I know waited over a month!!!!

everyone's timeline is different... there is no knowing if you timeline is gonna be similar to someone's on the forums...
who knows whats going on in the admission's committee heads...

i guess my this is my 2 cents