After Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MikadoWu

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I have my first Med-School interview at LECOM-B coming up soon. What happens next?
What are your chances of getting in, once you have an interview?
How long till you hear in or out?
if accepted...
Should I wait to see if other schools want to interview me to accept?
If I accept and another school invites me for interview can I still go?
Anything else I am missing, please chime in.

I know my MCAT is a little low, I only switched to pre-med 2.5 years ago and had maybe 200 hours of real MCAT studying.
MCAT - 504
CGPA - 3.94
SGPA - 3.81
Organic Chemistry 1/2 Tutor at University
800+ hours interning at local ME Office
400+ hours tutoring HS students in English and Math

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
You wait to hear back.
Depends on the school for the next two.
No. But don't turn down other interviews if you like the other school better

You go to the interview, then you wait for their decision. In the mean time, if you get other interviews, you go to them until you get accepted somewhere, then you can be picky by declining other interviews if you feel the other schools aren't better fitted for you than the one you're accepted in.

Sent from my [device_name] using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Go to all the interviews. You want assurance that you will get in *somewhere*, and I know my more recent interviews have been a hair smoother than the first, so I’m sure practice makes perfect!

1) I have my first Med-School interview at LECOM-B coming up soon. What happens next?
Congrats on getting an interview! I interviewed at and was later accepted at LECOM-B. The interview is pretty laid back; it's a group interview and then a 5 minute one-on-on interview.

2) What are your chances of getting in, once you have an interview?
I'm not exactly sure of LECOM's specific post-interview acceptance rate, but I would say with your stats you have a pretty good shot as long as you can show you're a normal person during the interview haha.

3) How long till you hear in or out?
They send notification by mail, so it may be around a month or so. You can ask this during the interview, though.

4) if accepted...
Yes, you should definitely wait. And yes, even if you do "accept" (meaning you pay their ridiculously high deposit), you can still go to other interviews, you'll just lose the deposit. Personally, I think your stats are way too good for LECOM-B and you should have luck at better places, but if you love LECOM-B, you can choose to go there and not go on any other interviews.

Good luck!!!!

What are your chances of getting in, once you have an interview?
That's 100% on you.

How long till you hear in or out?
if accepted...

Depends upon the school. At mine, our Adcom meets every 2-3 weeks, and after we make our decisions, our candidates get results in a day or two..maybe three. This is something youneed to ask about at your interview.

Is this your only interview? Do you have any accepts? If not, would you sit around before the Prom, and ignore someone who asked you to go, on the hopes that someone else you like better will ask????

Yes. These aren't marriage proposals.

Reactions: 4 users
I interviewed at LECOM up north. It was pretty chill. They want to make sure you can talk like a normal person. Probably easiest interview tbh. They mail out their acceptance letters and that can be painful to wait on so definitely go on your other interviews. Getting accepted this late in the cycle can kind of stink because you don’t have a lot of time before you have to make your deposit.

Thank you everyone for the information. I feel like I been on an adrenaline rush ever since I decided to peruse being a Doctor. So much to learn, not just the science but the whole process. Heck I did not even know Osteopathic School existed until 9 months ago but I find it to be a much better fit for me. This site has so much useful and friendly information. Again, Thank you all.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if LECOM mails out rejection letters?
I interviewed at LECOM-Erie and they said all decisions are sent by Mail: accept/waitlist/reject

Thank you everyone for all their Feed Back. After 2 more interviews (3 total), I was accepted to my choice school. I am so excited.

Sadly my Best Friend has yet to receive any interviews, but also no rejections. He scored 515 on the MCATs. My guess, he just waited to log to apply, plus he is dead set on MD. Doing my best not to dance to much in front of him.

Good Luck Everyone..............