After what classes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lovelyletha

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello, I'm new to this forum but I have a question. I want to apply for Fall of '09. I will have completed this year Gen Chem 1/2, Bio 1 and Anatomy and phys. 1. This summer I will complete Bio 2 and during that time I want to take like a PCAT prep course so that I can take the PCAT and apply sometime after this summer. Is that wise? What course do I need to complete to be ready for the PCAT? Any advice will be helpful! Thanks! 🙂
 
Hello, I'm new to this forum but I have a question. I want to apply for Fall of '09. I will have completed this year Gen Chem 1/2, Bio 1 and Anatomy and phys. 1. This summer I will complete Bio 2 and during that time I want to take like a PCAT prep course so that I can take the PCAT and apply sometime after this summer. Is that wise? What course do I need to complete to be ready for the PCAT? Any advice will be helpful! Thanks! 🙂

You need at least gchem 1/2, biol 1/2, orgo 1 (I don't think you need 2), calc 1. Should be right after doing those 👍

Good luck mate!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It would be really helpful if you took the PCAT right after you just finished O-chem, Gen-chem, calc 1 and Biology. This is usually done within a year so you can just quickly review for a month everything and take the exam. I guarantee a high score. I had a smart friend who took it 2 years after he took those courses and had a 50 percentile composite. Mind you he had A's in all his classes. Don't get complacent when you get A's, you can easily forget every content of each course.
 
i'm practically in the same position as you are only i've finished bio 1 & 2 and will do gen chem 2 and calc in the summer. then i'll take the pcat in august.

even if you don't do good with the chem part, since you haven't taken org chem yet, you can always retake it on october right? at least you'll have an idea as to how it's going to be.
 
even if you don't do good with the chem part, since you haven't taken org chem yet, you can always retake it on october right? at least you'll have an idea as to how it's going to be.

Yep... you'll want to register for both though (August and October) because by the time you get your August scores, I think it'll be too late to register for the October PCAT. Afterall, you can always cancel if you need to, but you can't register for it after the deadline.