AG form

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
C

Curious Tom

PS: jusk like the practice AAMC exams; relatively easy.
V: same; answer choices were much less ambigous; although due to bad timing and 1min early call by the watchless proctor made me leave few questions blank.
BS: again about the same level as the practice exams;

Overall: except the few enigmatic questions all were straightforward, fair questions. PS was difficult in that it was my very first MCAT;

Afterthought: practice exams are the best prep; psychological factor is the largest aspect which means self-induced confidence is the key to the success; that is, if you have covered the basic knowledge.

Members don't see this ad.

I htought the verbal was brutal. I just ended up trying to be toooo meticulous...to the point where all the answer choices seemed right... uggggh

what did you think element X was in that one PS passage?

Wow, you have the exact opposite opinion as I did. I thought it was terrible, especially the PS.

Members don't see this ad :)
i had bg. thought verbal was pretty hard. p-sci and bio-sci were ok. a lot of genetics.

duck2005 said:
i had bg. thought verbal was pretty hard. p-sci and bio-sci were ok. a lot of genetics.
Oh phew! I had BG too, and thought the verbal (usually my best section) was terrible - too a really long time (had to guess on 5 questions - a whole passage!)! And, since everyone else on SDN seemed to be commenting on how they all finished the verbal section like 15+ min early, I was convinced that I'd be getting like a 5 on that section..... Hopefully the verbal on BG was just especially hard, and we'll have a nice curve to cover that..... :D

I took test form AG and I thought the same as ucla, that it was harder than any of the 3R-7R practice aamc exams I had taken. I am curious how they sort out the scores with everyong having different versions. Are all the versions inclusive of the same questions and just in a different order?. If not how can they draw a fair comparison?...I am guessing that they create a curve for each form and that is how you are assigned a scaled score but it all seems like too much of a test takers luck of the draw.

I had AM and thought verbal was a nightmare. I did fine on the practice tests (10-12s including the diagnostic) so thought I was "good to go" on verbal. The actual test completely took me off gaurd. Overall, I feel like I wasted a lot of time memorizing little PS and Bio tidbits that were of no help on the test (so much molecular bio and genetics and so little other "stuff" on the test) all the while feeling overconfident on verbal. Several folks have said they never know how they do on verbal, but always end up doing OK when they get their scores back. I always felt fine in verbal on the practice tests and now am totally paranoid. VERY difficult questions in my opinion. I guessed way too much and was rushed at the end. Kaplan tests were ridicously hard on PS, so the MCAT was easier than the practice tests. Just the opposite on verbal. The worst thing that could happen... I was blindsided! I want my Kaplan money back... OK I just don't want to take this test again! :eek:

Man...I wish I had posted right after finishing on Saturday so I could recall my thoughts on it but within an hour of finishing I was four beers into the drunken stupor that I characterize last Saturday night as...regardless, I felt good going in as I did well on AAMC 7 and I didn't feel like killing myself coming out...PS was the low part of my practice test, but I also hadn't gotten through all my study material on it, so even though there were a fair number of q's that I gave total guesses on I still felt better overall than I did after my practice test...VR was good, felt the same as I did after practice...writing sample, fine, does anyone really care anyways?....BS was hard, though really slim on organic, which was like a gift from god for me. Regardless, I still felt about the same as I did on my last practice, so I feel OK right now...