Age discrimination??

TripleDegree

Joker Doctor
15+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2003
    This is probably more for those who have finished their EM residency, and have been hired into a practice/hospital.

Is there any truth to someone telling me "Not many practices would hire a 45 year old newly minted EP" Sounds like a discouraging statement and I'd hate for it to be true.

cooldreams

American Mensa Member :)
    7+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    Dec 11, 2003
      TripleDegree said:
      This is probably more for those who have finished their EM residency, and have been hired into a practice/hospital.

Is there any truth to someone telling me "Not many practices would hire a 45 year old newly minted EP" Sounds like a discouraging statement and I'd hate for it to be true.

i hate opinionated statements like this... you could also say, "the chance that you are smart enough to get into mensa is very dismal..."

look at that age poll... there simply are not many 45+ to hire, so ofcourse not many places will be hiring them. if the going demand for EM is so high, why would you ever be turned down with an otherwise great cv ?

.... the lameness that ppl spread is... well... lame....

Sessamoid

1K Member
      15+ Year Member
      Sep 11, 2003
      Los Angeles
      www.kickingsparrows.com
        TripleDegree said:

Complete load of crap. My uncle finished residency around that age (after doing most of a neurosurgery residency--long story) and has had no trouble finding jobs. Mostly retired now.

Age matters not at all in medicine. It's all about experience.

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.