Ahhh Help!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

murarkaa

Anisha
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
..ok so i take my DAT on wednesday..thats THREE DAYS!! im SO nervous!! is there any last minute tips anyone has to offer? also tell me honestly what you think my chances of getting into dental schools are...im going into my third year of college..so basically im tryin to apply a year early. My overall GPA is a 3.61 and my science GPA is a 3.42. I interned with a general dentist for two years and have been an assistant with an Oral Surgeon for the past year. I was the president of ASDA last year @ my university and the DAT chairman this year. I'm also the president of the SASA organization @ my university this year. I've taken several practice tests..the ones offered through Kaplan as well as the one provided by ADEA and i made 18s on Kaplan and 20 on the ADEA one and my PAT has been around 20 on both...you think i can get in? and wht is a good score to shoot for on the DAT?!?! THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP!! =D

Members don't see this ad.

murarkaa said:
..ok so i take my DAT on wednesday..thats THREE DAYS!! im SO nervous!! is there any last minute tips anyone has to offer? also tell me honestly what you think my chances of getting into dental schools are...im going into my third year of college..so basically im tryin to apply a year early. My overall GPA is a 3.61 and my science GPA is a 3.42. I interned with a general dentist for two years and have been an assistant with an Oral Surgeon for the past year. I was the president of ASDA last year @ my university and the DAT chairman this year. I'm also the president of the SASA organization @ my university this year. I've taken several practice tests..the ones offered through Kaplan as well as the one provided by ADEA and i made 18s on Kaplan and 20 on the ADEA one and my PAT has been around 20 on both...you think i can get in? and wht is a good score to shoot for on the DAT?!?! THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP!! =D

19+ on DAT and your definitely in at one school

Are you going to finish in 3 years? Cause most schools nowadays don't really like applicants without a BA or BS by the time they matriculate into dental school. If you have good DAT scores and your GPA looks fine then you still got a chance...but there are fewer and fewer non-degreed students entering schools.

no i wont finish my degree in three years. if I stay an extra quarter/semester I will. yeah i talked to several dental schools and they are picky abt that..but i thought id take a chance...i hope it just doesnt make me look bad if i dont get in and then apply again nxt year...

Members don't see this ad :)
murarkaa said:

president of ASDA , DAT chairman.......what can be better? how did u become those things? any tips? i wanna become DAT chairman too! but what should i do to become one!? :cool:

joonkimdds said:
president of ASDA , DAT chairman.......what can be better? how did u become those things? any tips? i wanna become DAT chairman too! but what should i do to become one!? :cool:

lol well first off..my sponsor asked me if i wanted to me president of ASDA ... and so i was like OF COURSE!! and then DAT chairman..well the president from the previous year usually becomes the DAT chairman for the following year...so iono wht to tell you...sorryyy =/