Ahhhh, THE MATH IS KILLING ME!!!!

Started by UH Pharm
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

UH Pharm

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't know about you guys but I think the math portion is the hardest part of the test. I'm not all that great at math and I take my time in doing math problems, but when I'm going fast I screw up somewhere and the whole problem gets messed up.


48 questions---> in 40 minutes😱, I don't know sounds intimidating.

What are you guys doing to prepare for this section?
 
You can guess on a lot of questions and still do well. I think I guessed (not the educated kind) on somewhere between five and ten questions. I got a 92. One thing I heard was that the test-makers put easier questions at the end to reward those who get there. I can't recall if it is really true but on my exam I answered the first twenty and then skipped to the end and worked backwards. Just be super careful about bubbling the correct number if you try this.

I do math pretty slowly so this was my nightmare section. I just learned to evaluate quickly if I was going to answer it or skip it. Even if I started a problem and realized it would take too much time, I abandoned my work to get to the next problem. There is no reason to spend two minutes on a problem you might miss anyway. You want to at least see all of the problems because there are going to be some that you find super easy. You want to maximize what you do get right in this section and worry less about how many you are missing. Most people run out of time in this section. Everyone is in the same boat so pick up points where you can.
 
I pretty much am going to echo the other comments and say that if you don't get it in an instant, move on. If it takes you more than 7-10 seconds imo to go through 1 question for an answer, just skip and go on, you'll probably end up with enough time at the end to revisit them.

I probably ended up guessing about 8-9 at the very end just rushing to bubble and I managed a 94, so it's definitely not undoable if you get a grasp of the first chunk of questions - remember that the first chunk of Q's are easier than the rest.